Are you always wondering what is in the mouthwash you’re using? Are you also looking for cheaper alternatives for your mouthwash? You can try these 3 easy to make DIY antibacterial mouthwash recipes below. They are full of the best ingredients, plus they are so easy to make.
1. Basic Mouthwash
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 drops peppermint essential oil
2 drops tea tree essential oil
½ cup filtered or distilled water
Container or small jar
1. Mix all ingredients.
2. When not in use, the baking soda will settle to the bottom of the jar, so be sure to shake the mouthwash well, before each use.
3. Swish about 2-3 teaspoons of this homemade mouthwash into your mouth for a minute or two. Avoid avoid swallowing this while gargling.
You can double or adjust the recipe for a larger batch. But making big batches is not recommended, because the oils may continue to blend over time.
2. Herbal Mouthwash
2 cups boiling water
1 ounce of rosemary
1 ounce of Oregon grape root
1/2 ounce of whole cloves
1. Make a herbal infusion by steeping 2 cups of boiling water and add the remaining 3 ingredients in a glass mason jar, overnight.
2. Using a piece of cheesecloth, strain the infusion in the morning,
3. Disinfectant Mouthwash
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 cup water
1. Mix ingredients and store in a glass jar.
2. Shake well before using.
3. Gargle mixture in mouth, then spit out.