Some individuals suffer the embarrassment of having dark skin patches around their neck. This is known as a fairly common skin pigmentation disorder called acanthosis nigricans.
Sun exposure and aging are the main causes of dark discoloration on your neck. Other causes are genetics, diabetes, poor hygiene, polycystic ovary syndrome, sudden weight loss or weight gain.
Here are the best natural remedies to help in reducing the discoloration of skin around your neck.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar for Dark Neck
4 Tbps Water
2 Tbps Apple cider vinegar
1. Dilute c using water.
2. Apply this solution using a cotton ball on the neck.
3. Leave on for 10 minutes and then rinse with water.
How Often Should You Do This?
Repeat the procedure every other day.
How This Works:
Apple cider vinegar balances the pH of the skin, therefore giving it a natural glow. Also, it removes the dead skin cells that accumulate on your skin. This exfoliating action is because of the malic acid present in apple cider vinegar.
Remember to moisturize your skin after using this remedy because apple cider vinegar can slightly dehydrate the skin.
2. Baking Soda for Dark Neck
Baking soda is known to be a natural exfoliator and cleanser that effectively gets rid of skin pigmentation on the neck. It helps in removing dark rings and skin patches on the neck, therefore improving your complexion.
1. Mix 3 parts of baking soda and 1 part of water in a small bowl to form a thick paste.
2. Apply the paste to your neck.
3. Leave on for 20 minutes.
4. Wait until it dries completely.
5. Wash off using cool water.
Repeat the procdue every other day for 1-2 weeks and maintain the new look by applying thix mixture at least twice a week.
3. Cucumber for Dark Neck
Cucumber can also be used in improving the appearance of your neck area. Cucumber contains soothing properties that help in removing dead skin cells, repairing skin cells, and adding glow to your skin.
1. Apply cucumber juice or grated cucumber on your neck.
2. Gently scrub for about 10 minutes.
3. Rinse off with cold water or rose water.
1. Mix equal amounts of lemon juice and cucumber juice.
2. Apply on your neck using cotton balls.
3. Leave on for 10 minutes.
4. Wash off with cold water.
1. How to Get Rid of Dark Spots On Your Underarms, Neck and Inner Thighs in Just 15 Minutes
2. How to Use Lemons as Scrub for Your Hands, Face and Body
3. 8 Easy Hacks to Lighten Dark Underarms