Our body needs vitamins and minerals in order for it to function properly but with the kinds of food that we eat, it’s impossible for us to get the recommended dietary allowance for each nutrient that we need. Take for example, vitamin B12. This particular vitamin helps with the production of red blood cells that most of us are missing nowadays. The best way to ensure that you are getting sufficient amounts of vitamin B12 in your system is by adding the following foods to your diet.
- Beef. This particular meat contains high amounts of vitamin B12 that will cover your dietary needs for the day. You can go for the sirloin, rib-eye, and ribs even as these are the more savory cuts for this animal. You can either roast or bake beef if you like and don’t forget to add some vegetable garnishes to complete your dish.
- Shellfish. Another type of food that packs a serious amount of vitamin B12 is shellfish. Mussels and clams are good options as they are easy to cook and delicious too. You can steam, bake, or even eat them raw. The amount of vitamin B12 present in them can actually take you a step closer to achieving the required dietary amount for the day.
- Milk. When it comes to choosing foods that have vitamin B12, you should choose milk too. As a matter of fact, drinking milk is the simplest way to get vitamins B12 in your body and if you want to ensure that you will be absorbing this nutrient, add some fortified cereals too. Another plus to drinking milk is that it contains calcium which is essential for bone development.
- Seafood. No diet will be complete without seafood. Although seafood can’t be considered as an everyday food, eating it at least twice a week can ensure that you will have enough amount of vitamin B12 in your system. Shrimps, crabs, lobsters, fish, and octopus are just a few examples of seafood choices that should make an appearance in your diet. You can mix them with vegetables if you need that extra punch or you can eat them as is. There won’t be any shortage of recipes for these seafood options of yours.
- Eggs. Here’s another source of vitamin B12 which you will definitely love. Eggs contain enough vitamin B12 in them that you should make it part of your breakfast. Go for the yolk as this is where the highest concentration of B12 can be found while the egg white contains protein. You can poach, fry, or scramble eggs if you like and they can be added to salads too for that extra kick.
These are just a few examples of foods that are high in vitamin B12 content. Adding these to your daily diet can ensure that you’re constantly getting the right kinds of vitamins for better blood development and overall health as well. By tweaking your diet to add these foods, you are ensuring that your health will be well taken care of.