Teens and adults alike suffer from acne breakout from time to time but there is another skin problem that many are seeking help and this is the blackheads. Blackheads tend to occur when the pores of your skin becomes clogged with dead skin cells and oil or sebum. What makes blackheads different from white heads is that when the pores are open, the clogged pores become black in color.
Scrubbing your skin too much isn’t really recommended as it can open your pores further for more dirt to accumulate. If you are plagued with blackheads, try these quick tricks to get rid of them.
- Egg white mask. Egg whites are quite effective in tightening your pores temporarily to minimize the presence of blackheads. What’s more the whites of the eggs contain plenty of nutrients that are good for the skin. First you need to separate the whites from the yolk. Wash your face then pat to dry. Place a strip of tissue on top of the egg white and place it on your face, pressing the tissue gently on your skin. After you have placed the first layer, let it dry. Apply another layer by following the same steps. You can apply a third layer if you like but once the egg white has dried and you feel a tightness in your skin, remove the mask gently, rinse your face then pat dry.
- Honey and cinnamon strips. Honey is well known for its health benefits particularly those that pertain to the skin. To clear your blackhead with this treatment, you need to combine 1 teaspoon of organic honey, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, and several strips of cotton. You should combine the two ingredients first to form a paste then apply on your face. Cover the area with the cotton strips and let it set for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the cotton strips then wash your face gently. Pat dry. Don’t forget to apply moisturizer for better results.
- Toner. Shrinking your pores can help reduce blackheads. One way to do this is to get the juice of a lemon in a small bottle then add a few drops to a cotton ball until it is wet with it. Apply the juice on the affected area and let it sit overnight. Do this 3 to 4 times in a week. Wash your face using lukewarm water.
- Oatmeal and yogurt mask. Here’s another effective blackhead treatment to try. Combine three tablespoons of yogurt and two tablespoons of oatmeal. Spread the mixture on your face, particularly around the affected area and leave it on for a few minutes. Rinse and apply moisturizer afterwards.
- Start steaming. Steaming your skin may help release dirt and sebum on your skin to minimize the appearance of blackheads. Boil some water and let it cool for a few minutes. Lean over it with your head covered with a towel to create a tent on your head. Let the steam from the water open up your pores for the oil and dirt to loosen up. Wipe or wash your face afterwards.