Most of us would nibble on snacks in between meals but often times those snacks that we munch on are those that are actually bad for your health such as chips, candies, and the like. If you are looking for a pick me up without having to worry about your weight, why not consider the snacks written below. They not only satisfy your hunger but can also provide you with the energy you need for the day.
- Popcorn. Popcorn is a good choice for snacks in between meals. Start by air-popping your corn then create a topping by melting coconut oil and adding to the popped popcorn. You can add sea salt, cayenne, and sugar to give your popcorn a unique taste. What’s great about using coconut oil is that you can add little or more depending on your taste.
- Nuts. Nuts have been touted as one of the best snacks that you can add to your daily diet as they pack various nutrients such as protein and monounsaturated fats that your body needs. However, it is also possible that you can overdo your consumption of nuts but don’t worry. If you want to make sure that you are meeting your recommended daily intake of nuts, you can roast them at home and season according to your heart’s desire.
- Fudge Indulgence. Another type of snack that is worth considering for your office table is fudge. This chocolate-y goody can help satisfy your sweet craving without going over the top. The secret to this type of fudge is the Medjool date. Other ingredients thrown in the mixture are raw cocoa powder, almond butter, and coconut oil. You can cut the fudge into small squares before wrapping in wax paper to preserve its goodness. Make sure that you keep the fudge in an airtight container or in the fridge so it won’t be too chewy.
- Dark Chocolate Squares. Chocolate is a good snack choice particularly the dark chocolate one because it doesn’t just wake you up but it also provides you with antioxidants that your body needs to keep free radicals from wreaking havoc in your body. Not only that but you get to elevate your mood as well so you can have a more pleasant time at work. Take note, however, that you go for the dark chocolate squares instead of those that have milk in them because dark or bitter chocolate has more health properties.
- Fruits and Nuts Bars. For those who are having a hard time controlling their consumption of dried fruits and nuts, look for energy bars that contain these ingredients instead. Look for energy bars that contain “clean” ingredients that you yourself can put together for a healthier snack.
These are just a few examples of snacks that are ideal for your office or home table. There is nothing wrong with eating in between because it can help you feel full during meal times so you won’t have to eat more than one serving.