Summer is already here and what better way to cool down with these easy to prepare and healthy soups. If you have not tried a chilled soup before, prepare yourselves, as you are about to be won over.
These slimming soups offer a refreshing but healthy way to beat the summer heat! These soups are packed with fresh herbs, tons of flavor and seasonal produce to help you slim down.
1. Spicy Cucumber & Avocado Gazpacho
1 seeded jalapeño pepper
1 garlic clove
2 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of black pepper
1/2 or more of water
1/4 of an onion, chopped
Lemon juice (extract from 1/2 lemon)
small handful fresh parsley
1. Combine all ingredients to a food processor or blender until smooth.
2. Add additional water until a soup-like texture is achieved, or depending on consistency.
3. Store soup in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or even overnight before serving. You can add chopped parsley and cucumbers to garnish.
Tip: You can make this into a dip, by skipping.
2. Avocado, Basil and Radish Soup
2 chilled avocados (at least 7-8 ounces each)
3 cups of cold water
3 large and trimmed radishes
1 1/2 cups basil leaves, julienned, for serving
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
Radish leaves, julienned (this is optional)
Freshly ground pepper
1. Scoop out the flesh from the avocados and puree with salt, basil and water in a blender, until smooth.
2. Add the radishes and pulse until chunky, about 4 times. Then season with pepper.
3. Store in the refrigerator for about an hour or until cold.
4. Stir well. Garnish with julienned basil leaves and radish, if desired before serving.
3. Creamy Basil and Zucchini Soup
1 lb zucchini
1 cup buttermilk
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ small yellow onion
½ cup basil leaves
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ ground black pepper
1. Chopped 1 lb zucchini and ½ small yellow onion. Put in a blender with 1 cup buttermilk, 1 clove garlic, ½ cup packed basil leaves, 2 Tbsp each lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil, 1 Tbsp lemon zest, and ½ tsp each salt and ground black pepper.
2. Blend until smooth and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and some basil leaves.