Are you tired of eating the same plain rice everyday? You can try the below recipe to change how you cook rice.
The secret to this delicious rice is the combination of these 3 ingredients. Coconut milk, lemongrass and ginger.
Lemongrass Coconut Rice
2 cups jasmine rice
1½ cups water
1 cup canned coconut milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 piece lemongrass, smashed and 6-inch size
1 piece ginger, peeled and flattened
1 seedless cucumber, peeled and sliced for garnish
1. Put rice in a sieve.
2. Rinse and wash in three changes of fresh water.
3. In a pot with a tight-fitting lid, put the rice, salt, coconut milk, lemongrass, ginger and 1½ cups water.
4. Stir to combine.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from heat while keeping the covered.
8. Let steam for 10 minutes more.
9. Fluff with a fork, discard ginger and lemongrass, and serve immediately, garnished with cucumber.