The increasing number of coffee shops in different cities all over the globe show that the population of coffee drinkers per city is growing. It’s consumed in the morning, afternoon, evening, depending on how badly one needs to wake up. It’s the ultimate go-to beverage whenever someone orders a slice of cake or any type of pastry. There are also people who cannot function without coffee. You cannot speak to them unless they finish drinking a minimum of one cup of hot coffee in the morning. Once they’re done with that cup of caffeine, the world is a better place all of a sudden. More and more people are drinking coffee, regardless if it’s hot or cold. As a matter of fact, if ever there’s a list of most consumed drinks, there’s a huge possibility that coffee is at the top.
People tried to experiment with the taste of coffee. Some shops have incorporated coffee into their ice cream, cakes, donuts, bread, cookies, chocolates, candy, etc. It’s everywhere. Now, while it’s more popular for its capacity to give you that much needed energy boost in the morning, it also has the ability to give you skin that beautiful, radiant glow.
Exfoliation is Key
Coffee as an exfoliant? Why not? You’re probably wondering why we’re suggesting this when there are plenty of over-the-counter exfoliating products out there. Well, it’s no secret that those exfoliating products get the job done but the thing is, there’s a risk that you will suffer from side effects in the long run because they contain chemicals. The results are temporary, but the side effects are permanent and that’s scary. The upside to using coffee as an exfoliant is that it’s chemical-free, it’s inexpensive, and most of all, it’s effective.
Here’s a piece of advice: after you devour that hot cup of coffee in the morning, scoop the remaining granules from the bottom of the cup and set it aside. You can use those coffee granules to whip up a skin mask that you can use to slough off those dead cells and exfoliate your skin. This helps reveal the healthy skin underneath those layers of dead skin cells. Exfoliation also helps you combat signs of ageing such as wrinkles, fine lines, and crow’s feet since the accumulated outer skin is removed in the process and the depth of those lines are lessened.
Exfoliation gets rid of dull, grey skin and gives you that youthful, radiant, and healthy glow. It also helps remove deep-seated dirt from your pores and prevent whiteheads, blackheads, and acne. Inflammations on the skin are reduced since toxins are removed. As a result, your skin can easily absorb topical creams and other skin care treatments.
Simply put, exfoliation boosts your skin’s health and appearance. Its effectivity has been tested and proven by dermatologists and skin care professionals from all over the world.
Since exfoliating creams and treatments can be quite expensive, we included a recipe so you can make your own product at home.
To make the mask, you will need the following:
- Coconut oil – this ingredient moisturizes and smoothens your skin. It also eliminates bacteria and toxins from your skin.
- Coffee – this ingredient is packed with antioxidants that help lessen the signs of ageing and reduce swelling around the eye area. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties that can help diminish the appearance of red patches on your skin. It also triggers the production of elasitin and collagen- two important elements in decreasing the appearance of crow’s feet, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Steps on how to make the coconut oil-coffee mask:
- Get a tablespoon of organic coconut oil and another tablespoon of finely minced organic coffee. Blend the two ingredients together.
- Mix the two ingredients until it has a paste-like consistency.
- Apply the coconut oil-coffee paste on your face using upward or circular strokes to keep the skin from sagging.
- Leave the paste on your face for a couple of minutes so the skin can absorb the nutrients.
- Rinse it with cold water. Make sure that the paste does not enter your eyes.
- Pat your face dry with a soft towel.
This coconut oil-coffee mask is quite easy to make and the ingredients are very affordable. This coconut oil-coffee mask will moisturize and exfoliate your skin as it fights off the different signs of ageing. It’s proven effective, and the best part is, all of the ingredients are organic. No need to worry about any side effects because no chemicals were used in making the skin mask.
Tip: Now that you know how to whip up this coconut oil-coffee mask for yourself, how about making another batch for your family and close friends? You can put the mask in a nice container and wrap it nicely so your friends will also have skin that’s beautiful and glowing.