Halitosis, or what is commonly known as bad breath, is an embarrassing health condition that affects about 30% of people in the world. It can be embarrassing and can take its toll on your confidence level.
Bad breath can be due to various reasons such as gum disease, dental cavities, poor oral hygiene, smoking, which are the most common. But, the main cause of bad breath is the bacteria that builds up between your teeth or on the back of your tongue.
Maintaining a good oral health is important in controlling bad breath. This includes regular brushing of teeth, tongue scraping and flossing.
Home Remedies for Bad Breath:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains pH balancing effects, which makes it a wonderful remedy for bad breath.
1. Stir 1 tablespoon of raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar into a glass of water.
2. Drink it before eating your meals. The vinegar will help in digestion as well as cure bad breath.
Gargle with apple cider vinegar mixed in a cup of water.
Cloves can help freshen your breath, because it contains anti-bacterial properties that are very helpful in getting rid of bad breath.
1. The easiest and quickest method is to pop a few pieces of cloves into your mouth.
2. Chew them thoroughly. This will help eliminate bad breath in a few minutes.
1. The other method is to make clove tea by boiling a cup of water.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of ground cloves.
3. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
4. Drink the tea or you can use it as a mouthwash 2x daily.
You can eliminate bad breath by using lemon as it contains natural anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties. Also, it has the ability to kill bacteria and its effects. Therefore, to get rid from bad breath, try lemon.
1. Take a cup of water, and squeeze a lemon into it.
2. To kill all the bacteria inside your mouth, rinse your mouth using this lemon water mixture.