The waistline is the top body part that both women and men say they are most self-conscious about. Below are 3 simple ways to lose belly fat and get that flat stomach for good.
You can try a new kind of crunch. After your cardio workout, do this 2-in-1 abs-and-obliques move from David Barton.
1. Sit so your upper torso and thighs form a V shape, with lower legs crossed and lifted. 2. Hold a 5-pound dumbbell between both hands.
3. Swivel left to right and back, bringing ball across your body while maintaining the V shape.
4. Do 3 sets of 15 reps at least 3–4 times a week.
2. Eat Right
Fuel your body with belly-fat burning foods that helps in stabilizing your blood sugar. These includes lots of vegetables and fruits, good fats and lean protein. You can also follow these rules:
1. Eat 1-2 servings of vegetables at every meal. If you eat 4-5 low-calorie meals per day like you should, you will rack up 4-10 servings of vegetables a day.
2. Drink plenty of water. Water curbs dehydration, which is easily confused with hunger.
3. Eat high-quality protein at each meal. High-protein foods take more time to digest, metabolize, and use. This means you burn more calories while processing them. They also take longer to leave your stomach, therefore you feel full sooner and longer.
4. Consume plenty of omega-3-rich foods like avocado, olive oil, nuts and fish, which increase fat oxidation to help keep you slim. Fat oxidation is your body’s way of breaking down large fat molecules into smaller ones, which can be used for energy.
When your stress level is high, a hormone called cortisol shoots up. High cortisol levels equal to high belly fat.
Take at least 10-15 minutes daily to reduce your cortisol levels and decompress. Below are some things you can do to de-stress.
- Take a hot bubble bath with lavender
- Do yoga poses or stretching
- Write daily in your journal