Want to know how to make homemade natural shampoo that is effective? Then you’re in for a treat, because the two recipes below does not only work but are inexpensive and easy to make as well.
1. Basic Natural Shampoo
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 cup water
Mix all the ingredients. Then put in a clean bottle or container.
2. Soap Nuts Shampoo
5 soap nuts
3 cups of water
5 drops lavender essential oil (optional)
1. Place the soap nuts in a small muslin bag, if you have one.
2. Place in a saucepan with 2 cups of the water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for at least 20 minutes.
3. Add the remaining 1 cup of water and simmer for another 10 minutes. Then remove from heat and let cook.
4. Squeeze out the bag until it suds. Then rinse with cool water and squeeze in to the pan again.
5. Put in a glass bottle and in the fridge until use.
1. Massage a small amount into hair and leave on for 5 minutes.
2. Rinse well.
Note: This can also be used as a soothing wash for skin, especially for psoriasis and eczema.