You can do some simple but effective ways to deal with wrinkles. Because according to herbalists, there are some home remedies for wrinkles that actually work. Here are some of them.
1. Egg Whites to Prevent Wrinkles from the Mouth
Egg whites are good for wrinkles because it contains properties such as protein albumin, which works in rebuilding dead skin cells. Egg whites help tighten skin and in removing fine lines and wrinkles.
While cucumbers are made up of 70% water, and contains antioxidants that help in fighting wrinkles.
Egg White Mask
1. Peel off the cucumber.
2. Blend it.
3. Put a strainer over a bowl.
4. Apply the pulp onto it to drain the juice.
5. Mix the cucumber juice into the white egg.
6. Apply onto your face.
7. Leave on for 15 minutes.
8. After 15 minutes, wash off using cold water.
For best result, use this egg white mask for at least 1-2 times per week.
2. Olive Oil to Prevent Under-Eye Wrinkles
Olive oil is a wonderful remedy for your wrinkles and eye bags. It is loaded with vitamin K , E, and protective antioxidants, which delays premature aging of your skin (Home Remedies: 2015).
The skin around your eyes can lose moisture soon. Olive oil when applied around your eyes locks moisture within and keeps your skin supple. To revive your skin’s youthful glow, combine a few drops of lemon with olive oil, while massaging your face.
DIY Olive Oil Face Massage:
1. Apple olive oil directly on your skin.
2. Massage gently for at least 10 minutes.
3. Leave on for a few minutes.
4. Rinse with water.
5. Pat dry.
3. Coconut Oil for Forehead Wrinkles
Coconut oil helps in moisturizing the skin and in keeping it healthy. Also, it contains antioxidants, which are known for their free radical scavenging activity.
These free radicals accumulate in your skin, therefore making it dull and which leads to the formation of wrinkles. Coconut oil gets rid of these effectively and reduces the forehead lines in due course of time.
Organic coconut oil
1. Massage some coconut oil on your face and forehead and face for a few minutes, or until the oil is absorbed by your skin.
2. Do this daily before going to bed.
Hale, Meredith. Home Remedies: An A-Z Guide of Quick And Easy Natural Cures. Wellfleet Press, 2015.