Constipation is one of the common gastrointestinal problem, which everyone experiences at some point. It is a condition, wherein the individual suffering either has a very difficult bowel movement or it happens less than the normal. If a person has less than 3 times bowel movements in a week, then he is suffering from constipation.
Lack of physical activity, less fiber content, medication, dehydration and excessive intake of calcium can result to constipation.
How Olive Oil Help Treat Constipation:
– Olive oil acts as a laxative, which helps lubricate the bowel and provides moisture to the stools, making it easier to move through the colon.
– Olive oil may help in increasing the production of enzymes in your digestive system.
– Olive oil helps the gallbladder to release more bile, which in turn helps to digest the fat in the food properly.
How to Use Olive Oil?
1. Olive Oil
Using just olive oil is one of the easiest ways of treating constipation. Following this home remedy will help you to get rid of constipation effectively.
1-2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Consume 1-2 teaspoon of olive oil in the morning, on an empty stomach.
2. Do not consume water for at least an hour after taking the olive oil.
3. Follow this remedy until you cure this constipation completely.
2. Olive Oil with Garlic and Black Pepper
This process will result in a paste mixture. You can add this mixture to meats or fiber-rich vegetable salads.
2-3 teaspoons curcumin powder
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 garlic clove (crushed)
Pinch of black pepper
1. Combine all the ingredients.
2. Mix all the ingredients well.
3. Store in the refrigerator using an airtight container.
3. Olive Oil with Lemon
Lemons are loaded with high acid content, which helps to move the things in the colon. The combination of olive oil and lemon and olive oil will prevent dryness in the colon.
This will help your stools to move easily.
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Lemon juice
1. Mix the olive oil and lemon juice.
2. Consume it before going to bed.
3. Repeat regularly.