Artichokes may not look like the ideal candidate for juicing. But, once prepared they can be put easily into most juicers.
Jerusalem and globe artichokes juice well raw. Artichoke juice are rich in fiber, vitamins and antioxidants. But don’t let its very strong flavor, discourage you from making it into a juice. You can combine it with tomato juice or celery to make it a little more palatable.
Vegetable juice that is meant to trigger the elimination of toxins from the body should have the following properties:
1. It must have the ability to eliminate toxins out of your tissues.
2. It must have the ability to prompt the digestive organs to release digestive juices. This is to optimally break down recently ingested food.
3. It must have the ability to stimulate movement of waste products through the intestines.
Below is one of the most effective detox juice recipes you can try:
Artichoke Detox Juice Recipe
4 Jerusalem artichokes
2 handfuls of fresh cilantro
1. Put all the ingredients in the juicer.
2. Put in a bottle with a secure lid. Then shake well for 10 or more seconds. Consume within an hour.
Artichokes: Contains the soluble fiber inulin, which is vital to a healthy bowel function.
Cilantro and chlorella: Good for the detoxification process.
Radishes: Stimulates the release of bile from the gall bladder. Bile is needed for the optimal digestion of fat.