Many people are suffering from migraines. If you have this illness, you may feel pain on just one or both sides of the head.
Normally migraines are caused by different factors, which includes stress, fatigue, hormonal changes or some foods like peanuts and chocolates. Luckily there are some natural ways to prevent migraines instead of using drugs.
You can start with the below homemade ginger ale recipe and other natural remedies:
Ginger Ale Recipe
4 cups of water
2 lime juice (juice of 2 limes)
1 cup peeled and grated ginger
1 tsp raw honey
Sparkling carbonated water
1. Boil the water.
2. Once the water starts boiling, add the ginger.
3. Lower the heat and let the ginger water simmer for at least 5 minutes.
4. Strain using a kitchen strainer.
5. Combine the sparkling water and ginger water. Then add the lime juice and honey to taste.
Ginger tea is very effective during migraine attacks. It acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, by blocking prostagladins, the chemical messengers that cause a slight swelling in the brain.
Studies have shown that ginger also has the power reduce to back pain, muscle pain, and migraine due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Other Ways to Use Ginger to Relieve Migraines:
1. Crush fresh ginger and boil with water. Then drink this beverage and you will see a reduction of the pain caused by migraines.
2. Inhale the vapours of the boiling ginger water, to get relief from a headache.
3. Mix dry ginger powder and warm water to make a paste. Then apply the paste over your forehead.
Note: Talk with your doctor first, if you are going to try to cure migraines with these natural remedies.