Time is really important, when it comes to boiling eggs. But did you know that boiling eggs is really easy?
You just have to know the proper technique when boiling eggs. Below is an easy to follow guide on how to boil eggs perfectly.
The first thing to check, is whether the egg is fresh enough for consumption. To do that, this chart will help you determine if the egg is good to be eaten or not.
How to Test Eggs for Freshness?
The Perfect Technique for Boiling Eggs
6 eggs (from the fridge)
1. Put the eggs in using a pan with cold water. Make sure the water cover the eggs by an inch.
2. Bring the water to a boil, uncovered.
3. Turn off the heat, then cover the pan. As soon as the water comes to a boil, remove the pan from heat, then cover the pan.
4. Set your timer on your desired time. Then leave the eggs in the covered pan for the right amount of time, depending on whether you want hard or soft-boiled eggs.
5. Tap the cooked eggs gently. But skip this step if your eggs are very soft-boiled.
6. Put the eggs in a bowl of ice water. Then leave it there for at least a minute.
7. Peel and enjoy.
Storage: Refrigerate any leftover eggs, still in their shells. They can be kept in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Egg Chart: How Long to Boil Eggs