Each one of us can only eat so many bowls of cereal for breakfast, before it gets boring. But, eating cereal can also become quite costly and unhealthy over time.
So why not try a healthy and easy to prepare alternative? How about a salad?
A well-prepared salad can provide a rich amount of fiber, antioxidants and vitamins that will help keep you healthy. Read below to discover two delicious breakfast salad ideas that are both healthy and easy to prepare as well.
1. Bagel Chip Salad Recipe
3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
1 quarter cup Feta cheese
Quarter cup low-fat milk
Spring Mix Ingredients:
3 ounces smoked salmon
1 small cucumber
1/2 cup broccoli sprouts
1. Place all the ingredients, except the spring mix, into a food processor or blender.
2. Process the mix until smooth.
3. Toss together 5 cups of spring mix in a bowl.
4. Drizzle with dressing and garnish with red onion slices.
5. Add half an ounce of bagel chips and teaspoon of poppy seeds.
2. Egg Salad Recipe
8 asparagus stalks
5 cups endive, torn into small pieces
5 teaspoons of olive oil
3 ounces of diced bacon (optional)
1 poached egg
1. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a pan and use medium heat.
2. Cook 8 asparagus stalks with 3 ounces of diced bacon, until the asparagus is bright green. This should take approximately 3 minutes.
3. Whisk 4 teaspoons of olive oil with mustard, balsamic vinegar, pepper and salt for seasoning.
4. Mix this in a bowl with shallot, bacon and five cups of endive.
5. Toss with dressing and top it with 1 poached egg.
You can change these recipes as you see fit. But, the quantities and contents provided, will serve as a good starting point as you choose a different but healthier breakfast beyond the usual cereal and yogurt.
Other Related Articles:
– 7 Low Carb Fruits for Diabetics
– Know the 3 Worst Foods for Your Heart
– Lower High Blood Pressure with Pineapple Beet Smoothie