Did you know that the more you sweat, the greasier your hair gets? Excessive hair wash can do damage and harm to your hair, because it tends to make your hair follicles weak.
If you want to get rid of oily hair, then bring these staple kitchen ingredients to your rescue. Here are the Natural Remedies for Oily Hair:
Natural Remedies for Oily Hair:
1. Aloe Vera for Oily Hair
Aloe vera gel is one of the best natural remedies for greasy or oily hair.
1 cup Mild shampoo
1 Tbsp Lemon juice
1 tsp Aloe vera gel
1. Mix all the above ingredients to make an Aloe Vera shampoo.
2. Store in a bottle in the fridge. This will last for about 1 week.
3. Do this at least 2x a week, to see the changes in your hair texture and greasiness.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar for Oily Hair
Apple cider vinegar is very effective home remedy for oily hair. The acetic acid present in it helps to balance the pH level of the scalp, which in turn helps to reduce oil buildup and control the secretion of excess oil on your hair.
Also, it works as a potent hair tonic for that soft and shiny hair.
1 cup Water
2-3 Tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
1. Mix 2-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of water to form a solution.
2. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
3. Use the solution as a rinse.
4. Leave on for a few minutes.
5. Wash off using cold water.
Repeat 2-3 times a week.
3. Lemon Juice for Oily Hair
Lemon is great for various types of hair and scalp problems, including oily hair. Lemon have many essential minerals and vitamins that promote healthy hair.
The acidic property of lemon controls oil secretion and helps to balance the pH level of the scalp.
2 cups Distilled water
3 teaspoons Honey (optional)
1. Mix the juice from 2 lemons in 2 cups of distilled water.
2. You may also add 3 teaspoons of honey (optional).
3. Apply the mixture on your scalp and hair by massaging it for a few minutes.
4. Leave on for 5 minutes.
5. Wash off using lukewarm water.
Repeat this procedure at least 3x a week for best results.
Top 10 Home Remedies
photo credit: pixabay