Banana face masks are both moisturizing, nourishing and great for oily, dry, and combination skin. All you have to do is mash up a banana and apply it on your face, or you can try the recipes below to create masks formulated for your skin type.
1. Banana Mask for Oily Skin
This face mask will help brighten your skin while also soothing it. This banana face mask works best on oily skin.
1 ripe Banana
2 Tbsp Honey
1 tsp Orange or Lemon juice
1. Mash up the banana.
2. Add honey. For better results, place the ingredients in a blender.
3. Add the lemon or orange juice.
4. Apply to your face for 15 minutes before rinsing using a cool washcloth or a steaming warm washcloth.
5. Follow with your regular moisturizer.
3. Banana Face Masks for Dry Skin
If your skin is dry, then it needs moisturizing. Vou can combine banana and avocado because it is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, which can help deeply nourish your skin. After the first application of this banana face mask for dry skin, you will notice that your skin is much softer.
1. Mash 1/2 each of the banana and avocado.
2. Mix them thoroughly in a bowl. The mixture should have the consistency of a smooth paste.
4. Banana Face Mask for Sensitive Skin
This is a great mask sensitive, sunburned or aging skin.
1 organic Banana
1/4 cup plain Yogurt
2 tsp Honey
1. Blend all the ingredients together.
2. Apply all over your face.
3. Relax, then rinse and follow with moisturizer.
5. Banana Face Mask for Acne-Prone Skin
Turmeric is a Ppopular ingredient in Southeast Asian beauty products. Turmeric are loved for its skin lightening abilities. Just remember that the orange can stain very light skin.
This mask is perfect for pimple problems. The turmeric and baking soda can help soothe inflamed skin.
1 ripe Banana, mashed
½ tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1. Mix the ingredients in a blender or using spoon and fork.
2. Apply to your face.
3. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
Banana and Honey Face mask for All-Skin Types
1/4 ripe Banana
1 tablespoon raw Honey
Dry instant powdered milk
1. Cut the ripe banana.
2. Mash together to make a paste consistency
3. Apply the mask to your clean skin
4. Leave on for 30 minutes
5. Wash off using luke warm water
How to Choose and Store Bananas:
When you buy a banana, choose the one which is yellow, but also has some green at the ends. Choose ripe bananas if you want to use them at once. You can even choose the one which has brown spots. If you need them later, select the bananas which are a little bit green.
Bananas do not have any special requirements when it comes to storage. You can simply store them at room temperature. Do not leave them in the heat or sunlight. Also, storing bananas with different types of fruit may make them ripe faster.
If you have a green banana, and you want it to be ripe, put it in a brown paper bag and leave at room temperature.
Hollywood Beauty Secrets
photo credit: pixabay