Yellowing teeth can be a source of embarrassment especially when you’re talking to people every day but the good news is that there are plenty of dental care products that can help whiten your teeth in just a few weeks. It’s true that are teeth tend to become yellowish in color as we age but there are other factors that can contribute to this such as the food that we eat and the beverages that we drink on a regular basis. Although many rely on over-the-counter whitening products or bleaching trays, there are other safer and healthier alternatives to bring back the natural whiteness of your teeth.
For those who want to whiten their teeth naturally, here are 5 ways that you can do to achieve this.
- Eat crunchy vegetables and fruits. Apples, celeries, carrots and other crunchy vegetables and fruits are actually good for your teeth as they can help dislodge any debris found between your teeth and even aid in removing bacteria in the mouth as well. The acids found in these foods can also help whiten your teeth further. Apples are usually on top of the list of crunchy fruits as they contain malic acid that can remove stains.
- Use straw. Drinking soda, coffee, wine, and tea can stain your teeth especially when drinking straight from a cup or glass. The liquid can easily flood your mouth and teeth causing stains to appear. One way to minimize the contact is by using a straw when drinking but if you are not a fan of using straws, it’s important that you brush your teeth afterwards to remove any chemical traces.
- Baking soda and lemon juice paste. Baking soda can come in handy when whitening your teeth as it is mildly abrasive. Combine this with water or lemon juice to create a paste is a useful remedy to bring back your teeth’s whiteness. When you have created your paste, wipe your teeth of any food and saliva then brush using the paste. If you are using lemon juice, leave it on for just a minute before rinsing but you can let the paste set in for three minutes if you’re using baking soda and water mixture.
- Have some strawberries. It appears that strawberries are also good for whitening one’s teeth as it contains malic acid as well as vitamin C. The malic acid is the one responsible for removing stains in the teeth while vitamin C can help remove plaque to avoid damaging one’s teeth. You can also mash some strawberries and brush on teeth twice a week to see some positive changes to the color of your teeth.
- Hydrogen peroxide. It appears that hydrogen peroxide is also a useful treatment when it comes to teeth whitening as it prevents bacteria from thriving in your mouth so you won’t have to worry about bad breath or even infections. Just swish some hydrogen peroxide, make sure that it’s the food grade version, around your mouth for a few seconds before spitting it out. You can also mix one part water and one part food grade hydrogen peroxide before swishing in your mouth.