Aloe vera is a widely used plant for both health and beauty. There are various beauty benefits of Aloe Vera.
Here are some benefits of Aloe vera for your skin and hair.
Beauty Benefits of Aloe Vera:
1. As Anti-Aging
As you age, the loss of elasticity in you skin and the appearance of fine lines will begin to worry you.
Aloe leaves have a plethora of antioxidants such as beta carotene, vitamin C, and vitamin E, that can help in improving your skin’s natural firmness and by keeping your skin hydrated.
How to Use Aloe Vera to Prevent Aging:
1. Conbine together 1 tsp each of uncooked oats, aloe vera gel, and 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.
2. Make a paste.
3. Apply over your face and neck.
4. Let on for 30-40 minutes.
5. Rinse using cold water.
Regular application of the face mask will help you get youthful, softer and smoother skin.
2. As a Moisturizer
Aloe vera helps in moisturizing your skin without that greasy feel, therefore, it’s great for anyone with an oily skin complexion.
For women who are using mineral-based make-up, aloe vera acts as a moisturizer. This is perfect for the face before application to prevent any skin drying.
For men, aloe vera gel can be used as an aftershave treatment. Its healing properties can be use for the treatment of small cuts caused by shaving.
How to Use Aloe Vera as Moisturizer?
1. Peel off the outer layer of the aloe vea leaf.
2. Collect the gel.
3. Place in a container and use as your body and face moisturizer. It will hydrate your skin, heal the dry areas and keep your skin soft and supple.
4. Store the aloe vera gel in the refrigerator in order to enhance its shelf life.
3. For Dandruff
Aloe vera helps clear up the dead skin cells that accumulated on the scalp, which often results in white flakes.
Also, the anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties of aloe vera fight off the bacteria that causes itchy scalp and dandruff.
How to Use Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Dandruff?
1. Combine Aloe vera gel with coconut oil.
2. Heat this mixture using low flame for at least 30 minutes.
3. Let it cool down to room temperature.
4. Massage it gently over your hair and scalp.
5. Wait for at least a couple of hours, and wash off using mild shampoo and conditioner.
4. For Hair Growth
Promoting hair growth is known as one of the amazing benefits of aloe vera for hair. Aloe vera has proteolytic enzymes, that help in repairing the damage cells in the scalp and in boosting faster hair growth.
Also, aloe vera gel helps in promoting hair regrowth and in stimulating dormant hair follicles.
How to use Aloe Vera for Hair Growth?
1. Mix 5-6 tbsp aloe vera gel, 2 tablespoon honey and some coconut oil.
2. Apply the mixture all over the hair, while focusing on the roots and tips of your hair. 3. Leave on for at least 30 minutes and cover your head using a shower cap.
4. Wash off using conditioner and shampoo.
5. Do this procedure at least once a week.
Mind Body Green
photo credit: pixabay