Both the peel and fruit of the banana are rich in vitamin C, which is essential for healthy skin. Another important nutrient for a healthy, glowing skin is vitamin B6, in which banana peel is rich in too.
Also, bananas contain an antioxidant known as lutein, which helps in preventing damage to the skin from the harsh sunlight. All these factors make banana peels, one of the most effective and potent home remedies for acne.
1. Rubbing Banana Peel On Your Face
Rubbing a banana peel on your face is one of the simplest ways in which it can be used.
1 banana peel
1. Clean your face using a mild soap.
2. Massage your neck and face with the inside of the banana peel for at least 10 minutes.
3. If you see that the peel is turning brown during the process, discard and use a fresh peel.
4. Leave it for 30 minutes.
5. Rinse your face.
Repeat the process at least once a day for best results.
2. Banana Peel and Lemon
The natural acidity of lemons helps to fight the bacteria that causes acne. While, alsoworking as a natural bleaching agent to reduce the appearance of scars.
1. Mash a banana peel into a paste.
2. Combine equal parts fresh-squeezed lemon juice and banana peel paste.
3. Using a cotton ball, apply the paste onto the affected skin.
4. Massage gently.
5. Leave on for 15 minutes.
6. Rinse with warm water.
7. Pat dry.
8. Repeat daily.
3. Banana Peel and Honey
Honey contains excellent antibacterial properties. Also, it contains humectant, which helps to moisturize your skin. Its mild bleaching properties fade acne-scars with regular use.
1 Tbsp mashed banana peel
½ Tbsp raw honey
1. Mix the ingredients until you get a smooth paste.
2. Apply the mixture onto the affected areas of your skin.
3. Leave on for about 15 minutes.
4. Rinse off using lukewarm water.
5. Pat dry.
6. Apply an oil-free moisturizer.
How to Save the Banana Peels:
1. Cut a portion of the skin from the banana at a time. This is just a shallow incision around a section big enough to do your face with, then peel off and use.
2. This way it can stay intact, and 1 banana can go for 1-2 days depending on size. The banana fruit gets exposed to the air, but it is still good to put in a smoothie at the end on the day.
1. Acne Patch: The Answer to Your Spot Treatment Needs
2. How to Use Oatmeal to Get Rid of Acne
3. 5 Herbs to Treat Acne