Fermenting salsa is a quick way to add a probiotic boost and make it last longer. Salsa is one of the easiest ways to get fermented foods into your diet.
But What is Lacto-Fermentation?
Lacto-fermentation involves combining, salt, vegetables and water, without using any canning or equipment. It is the traditional process that produces kimchi, dill pickles, and sauerkraut.
You can make your own homemade salsa using the ingredients of your choice. Start by trying the recipe below.
4 cloves of minced garlic
2 tablespoon sea salt
½ cup or more cilantro
½ cup whey
1 lime, juiced
1 lemon, juiced
Spices of your choice to taste
1. Chop the peppers, onions, tomatoes, cilantro and garlic. You can also use the food processor to make things fast.
2. Put all the ingredients a in bowl, then add the juice of lemon and lime.
3. Add the spices and salt to taste.
4. Lastly put in the whey and stir well.
5. Store into mason jars and cap tightly.
6. Leave on the counter for at least 2 days. Then transfer to the fridge.