Age spots are flat brown spots, also commonly referred to as liver spots. These spots start appearing on your neck, face and hands, as you get older.
But did you know, that these are actually not caused by age but, sun damage that accumulates over the years?
Age spots are more common in people who have a fair complexion, and they appear more frequently in those who spend a lot of time in the sun or visit tanning beds. But, whatever the reason is for their occurrence, age spots are not dangerous, but, they can make you look older, that is why many people look for ways of removing them.
DIY Mask for Age Spots:
2 Tbsp Oatmeal
1 Tbsp Yogurt
1 tsp Lemon juice
1 tsp Turmeric
1. Place the plain yogurt in a bowl.
2. Blend the oatmeal to make a fine powder.
3. Add it into the yogurt.
4. Squeeze some drops of fresh lemon juice, then add a pinch of turmeric into it.
5. Blend all the ingredients well to make a thick paste.
6. Do not overuse the turmeric powder because it can leave a yellow hue on your face. Also, if you have sensitive and dry skin, avoid lemon juice because it can make your skin even drier.
7. Store the mixture in a glass jar.
1. Rinse the affected area.
2. Apply the mixture on the affected areas.
3. Gently scrub using a circular motion for a few minutes using your fingertips.
4. Leave on for about 30 minutes.
5. Rinse off with cold water.
6. Apply a moisturiser that is suitable for your skin tone.
7. You can use this remedy twice in a week for better results.
Natural Living Ideas
1. Facial Yoga: 7 Easy Exercises to Reduce Wrinkles and Slim Your Face
2. How to Prevent Wrinkles on the Forehead, Mouth and Under-Eyes
3. Try This Secret Ingredient to Prevent Wrinkles
photo credit: edenskinclinic