Whiteheads are also known as closed comedones and are a form of acne caused by skin pores that are clogged with trapped sebum, dirt and dead skin. Whiteheads mostly appear on the cheeks, nose, forehead and temples.
Individuals with excess sebum production and an overactive sebaceous glands, are more prone to develop whiteheads. This usually happens because of genetic factors or hormonal changes.
Home Remedies for Whiteheads:
1. Coconut Oil for Whiteheads Removal
Organic virgin coconut oil
1. Take a 1-2 drops of the oil.
2. Massage the affected with the oil.
3. Leave on for a few hours.
4. Do this every night, before going to bed.
How Coconut Oil Works for Whiteheads:
Coconut oil can do wonders on your whiteheads. It acts as a moisturizer and cleanser at the same time.
2. Facial Steam
Facial steam is known to be one of the best natural treatments for whiteheads. This helps open up your pores and loosens the build-up of oil, dirt and dead skin cells.
1. Boil water in a pan to create steam.
2. Turn off the heat.
3. Place your face over the pan, while holding a towel over your head to trap the steam around your face.
4. Allow the steam to soak into your face for at least 5-10 minutes.
5. Dry your skin using a clean towel.
1. Dip a soft towel in warm water.
2. Wring out the excess water.
3. Put the towel on your face.
4. Leave it on for a few minutes.
5. Repeat the process at least 2-3 times in a sitting.
Do any of this procedure at least 1-2 times per week on a regular basis, most especially if you have oily skin.
3. Honey for Whiteheads Removal
1 teaspoon Organic honey
1. Warm up the honey lightly.
2. Apply on the affected areas of your face.
3. Leave on for 20 minutes.
4. Rinse off with water.
Do this every alternate day until the whiteheads are completely gone.
How Honey Works for Whiteheads:
Honey contains anti-bacterial properties that helps fight off whiteheads effectively. Also, it is very moisturizing and soothing to the skin.