Gram flour (besan) has been used in India for its benefits on the skin and hair. According to StyleCraze, it is a pulse flour made from ground chickpea or garbanzo beans). This flour can be made either from roasted or raw chickpeas.
Gram flour (besan) is popularly used as a facial exfoliant in India. Here are some benefits of gram flour for your skin, hair and face. Here are simple, easy and quick recipes for a glowing, radiant complexion and healthy hair.
Beauty Benefits of Gram Flour:
1. Gram Flour to Whiten Skin
You can make use gram flour for skin whitening. Below are 3 steps to use gram flour (besan) for fair skin.
4 teaspoons Gram flour
1 teaspoon raw milk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Mix 4 teaspoons besan, 1 teaspoon raw milk and 1 teaspoon lemon juice to form a paste.
2. Apply the paste into your face by scrubbing gently in a circular motion. Then let it dry.
3. Rinse using cool water.
2. Gram Flour for Dandruff
Dandruff are dead skin cells from your scalp that are shedding at a much faster rate than normal. This debris of dead skin stick together with the oil from your scalp, therefore forming scales or flakes that are known as dandruff.
If you are looking for a natural remedy for dandruff, try using gram flour. Gram flour will soak up the excess sebum on your scalp, while soothing its inflamed and irritated surface.
1 cup Gram flour
1. Mix 1 cup of gram flour (besan) with enough water to make a paste.
2. Add the juice of lemon.
3. Apply the paste mixture on your scalp, especially over the dandruff affected areas.
4. Rinse using cold water.
3. Gram flour for Oily Face
Oily skin does not cause you any harm, but it aggravates acne. If you would prefer your skin tone to be a tad more matte, look in your kitchen for a jar of gram-flour.
Gram flour work wonders through cleansing your skin and absorbing the excess oil. Also, gram flour contains alkalizing properties tht keep the pH levels of your skin balanced. It also soaks up excess oil and is vey absorbent.
Honey absorbs excess oil from your skin, similar to gram flour, while its ability to retain water ensures that your skin does not dry out.
2 Tablespoons Gram flour
1 Tablespoon Honey
1. Mix 2 tablespoons of gram flour, 1 tablespoon of honey and a little water to make a thick paste.
2. Apply this paste gently all over your neck and face.
3. Leave on for 20 minutes or until dry.
Do this application at least thrice a week.
photo credit: finedininglovers