All of us are aware of the health benefits of potato. But, apart from its health benefits, did you know that potato juice can do amazing things to your skin too!
There are various benefits of potato for skin. It is onw of the the cheapest home remedy available for skin problems. Read on to know how to use potato juice on your face for skin benefits.
How to Make Potato Juice:
Preparing raw potato juice is easy. Just follow the below steps:
1. Wash the potatoes thoroughly and remove any sprouts and green spots.
2. Peel the potatoes and grate them.
3. Put the grated potatoes on a linen cloth, then squeeze out the juice.
4. Or you can also chop the potatoes, then put the pieces in a juicer and strain the juice.
5. Drink the juice immediately. Also, you can let it cool in the refrigerator for a while and then drink it.
How to Store Potato Juice:
You can refrigerate potato juice in an airtight glass jar for 1-2 days.
Benefits of Potato Juice on Your Face:
1. Potato and Tomato Face Mask for Acne
Here is an effective remedy for acne using potato and tomato juice.
1 Tablespoon Potato juice
1 Tablespoon Tomato Juice
1. Mix 1 tablespoon potato juice and 1 tablespoon tomato Juice.
2. Apply on your acne marks and dark spots on your face.
3. Leave on for 40-45 minutes.
4. Rinse using cold water.
5. You can do this application overnight and rinse in the morning.
2. Potato and Carrot Face Mask for Skin Lightening
The high amounts of beta-carotene that are present in the carrots are converted into vitamin A by the body. Vitamin A refreshes your skin and helps to make it wrinkle free. Also, it is known for its skin lightening properties.
1 small potato
1 small carrot
Pinch of Turmeric powder
1. Boil the potato and carrot in water for a few minutes until soft.
2. Let them cool and chop into small pieces.
3. Mash the pieces and make it into a soft paste.
4. Add a pinch of turmeric powder to the paste mixture and mix well.
5. Apply on on your face and hold it for about at least 15 minutes.
6. Rinse off using cold water.
7. Pat dry.
3. Potato and Cucumber Juice for Dark Circles
Treating dark circles can be quite difficult. But, you can make your own DIY face pack using potato and cucumber juice at the comfort of your home. Both of the ingredients contain properties that help in lightening the dark circles.
2 teaspoons Potato juice
2 teaspoons Cucumber juice
1. Mix 2 teaspoons potato juice and cucumber juice.
2. Apply the mixture under your eyes before going to bed at night.
3. Rinse it in the morning using fresh cold water.
Beauty Health Tips